Accessible Caravaggio & Bernini
Caravaggio’s paintings and Bernini’s sculptures arouse strong feelings, and we want all audiences to experience these emotions. We offer a special pre-visit introduction for visitors with impaired hearing: a video in ÖGS (Austrian sign language) and IS (international sign) invites visitors to learn more about the exhibition before their visit.
We also offer videos in sign language exploring two important works by Caravaggio in the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna. If you want to join an accessible guided tour of the exhibition please contact Rotraut Krall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Barrier-free access to the exhibition Caravaggio & Bernini
- for barrier-free access please use the side entrance on Burgring 5; staff will accompany you to the lift and into the museum building
- wheelchair users entering the museum via the side entrance can buy their entrance ticket at the shop in the Entrance Hall
- the museum has two lifts (door width 99 cm, cabin 130 × 150 cm)
- five accessible toilets (souterrain, raised ground floor, first floor)
- visitors may borrow manual wheelchairs (please reserve a day in advance by contacting email@example.com)
- there are five public disabled parking spaces on Heldenplatz
- there are an additional two public disabled parking spaces outside the side entrance to the museum on Burgring
- we offer a wide range of access events for disabled visitors